Produce for All
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services' (SFBFS) Produce for All provides free, fresh fruits and vegetables to individuals and families in under-served areas throughout Sacramento County. These produce distributions occur at health clinics, schools, churches and other community centers.
Here's how it works:
- There are no requirements (address, identification or income) - all are welcome! The only information participants will be asked for is their household size.
- Distributions occur outdoors (rain or shine) and last for one hour.
- Distributions occur monthly at all locations.
- Prior to receiving produce, participants will be invited to take recipe cards, receive resources from other organizations and will have the opportunity to apply for CalFresh.
- Participants receive at least five different types of fruits and vegetables, which average between 15 – 30 pounds.
- Each produce item will be bagged. Please bring a reusable bag or cart to help transport items.
Check out the Produce for All calendar below - we look forward to seeing you soon!
Para el calendario en español, clic aqui.
Farm Fresh Produce Boxes
Produce for All provides CalFresh recipients the opportunity to purchase a $19-valued farm fresh produce box with $9 of their EBT benefits. Each box contains 7 – 10 different types of organic produce from a local farm.
Produce boxes are available on Tuesday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Recipes and cooking classes are also available to inspire participants on how to use the produce they receive!
There will be no produce box distributions during the month of February. We will resume in March.
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month
Family Services campus (Oak Park)
3333 Third Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95817
1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month
Food Bank Services campus (North Sacramento)
1951 Bell Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95838
For more information, please contact our Food Access Programs Manager, Karen Strach, at (916) 925-3240 x 3404