Youth Education serves children ages 1-18. We offer a safe and welcoming environment that encourages learning, respect for others and a sense of community. We provide youth with academic assistance, enrichment clubs, cutting edge technology and child care at no cost. For more information, contact Aurelia Garcia at (916) 456-1980 x 7610 and fill out a Youth Education Club Enrollment Form.
After School Academy (grades 1 - 6 ONLY)
For more information, contact Krystal Oliver at (916) 456-1980 x 7613.
ACADEMIC ASSISTANCE: Small group homework support, help with school reports and projects and assistance to study for upcoming exams. Youth are encouraged to read on a daily basis.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 3 - 5:30 p.m.
Requirements: Must attend an orientation, submit copy of last report card and provide teachers contact information.
Orientations: After School Academy is currently full. Please check back for availability.
ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES: Offering a variety of enrichment clubs for youth in the Fall & Spring. Clubs like STEM, Art, Cooking, Gardening and so much more. No orientation required, complete an application on the spot!
The Clubhouse (grades 7-12)
For more information, contact Aurelia Garcia at (916) 456-1980 x7610
Tuesday - Thursday, 3 - 5:30 p.m.
UPCOMING GEM (GIrls Empowerment Movement) Activities) - Sign up today!
The Clubhouse provides a creative and safe out-of-school learning environment where young people (ages 12 - 18) from under served communities work with mentors to explore their own ideas, develop new sills and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology. The Clubhouse at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is a member of The Clubhouse Network, a program of the Museum of Science, Boston in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab.
- Making! @ Clubhouses Initiative - Create projects using found objects, sewing material, electronic components for projects in fashion, textiles, vinyl and paper for 4th through 12th grades.
- Programming, Robotics, Web and Graphic Design - Learn to code, program robotics and design 3D images.
- Audio Production - Produce beats, play an instrument, sing karaoke or just remix original songs.
- Teen Summit - Build technological skills and awareness, strengthening leadership and teamwork skills.
- Girl Empowerment Movement (GEM) - Activities, guest speakers, events and discuss issues.
This service is available for children ages 1-5 of parents who are enrolled in Adult Education or Parent Education. Volunteers and staff prepare youth for preschool and kindergarten and encourage parental involvement though a co-operative system. This portion of Youth Education is not open enrollment, but a service available to parents who are on-site in Adult Education or Parent Education.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is a Preschool Bridging Model site with the Sacramento County Office of Education.