Youth Education provides a safe, educational environment for children to explore technology, reading, communication and life skills. Youth Education serves children ages 1-18. Three different components provide youth with educational assistance, enrichment activities and cutting-edge technology at no cost. For more information, contact Aurelia Garcia at (916) 456-1980 x 7610.
After School Academy
FALL YOUTH CLUBS
Let's Move Club for grades 1 - 6
Tuesdays: October 18, 25, November 1, 8 and 15
Can your student attend all five sessions of these fun yoga and Taekwondo activities? Complete an After School Academy Club application and turn into Krystal.
G.U.I.D.E. to Art for grades 3 - 6
Mondays: October 24, November 7, 14, 28, December 5
Can your student attend all five sessions exploring artistic activities building creative confidence? Complete an After School Academy Club application and turn into Krystal.
Group support is provided to youth in grades 1 - 6.
Hours: Mon - Thurs 3 - 6:30 p.m. (Two sessions available, 3:30 - 5 p.m. or 5 - 6:30 p.m.)
Requirements: Must provide copy of last report card and attend an After School Academy orientation.
- Wed., Oct. 19 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 2 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 16 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wed., Dec. 7 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wed., Dec. 21 at 5 p.m.
Enrichment Activities - Activities include cooking, gardening, yoga and arts for students 1st through 12th grade.
College & Career Guidance - Workshops, college tours, professional speakers and assistance with applications.
For more information about program services or upcoming orientations, contact Youth Education After School Academy Coordinator, Krystal.
Monday - Thursday, 2:30 - 6 p.m.
The Clubhouse provides a creative and safe out-of-school learning environment where young people (ages 12 - 18) from under served communities work with mentors to explore their own ideas, develop new sills and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology. The Clubhouse at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is a member of The Clubhouse Network, a program of the Museum of Science, Boston in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab.
- Making! @ Clubhouses Initiative - Create projects using found objects, sewing material, electronic components for projects in fashion, textiles, vinyl and paper for 4th through 12th grades.
- Programming, Robotics, Web and Graphic Design - Learn to code, program robotics and design 3D images.
- Audio Production - Produce beats, play an instrument, sing karaoke or just remix original songs.
- Teen Summit - Build technological skills and awareness, strengthening leadership and teamwork skills.
- Girl Empowerment Movement (GEM) - Activities, guest speakers, events and discuss issues.
This service is available for children ages 1-5 of parents who are enrolled in Adult Education or Parent Education. Volunteers and staff prepare youth for preschool and kindergarten and encourage parental involvement though a co-operative system. This portion of Youth Education is not open enrollment, but a service available to parents who are on-site in Adult Education or Parent Education.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is a Preschool Bridging Model site with the Sacramento County Office of Education.