Ways to Support Families in Need
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) depends on the support of local donors to keep our programs running strong. You can help us serve more families in our community by making a financial contribution. Just $10 per month makes a big impact. You can donate online, mail in a check or drop off goods. All support is greatly appreciated.
Donate Online - Click here to make a secure, online donation. One time and recurring monthly donations options are available. You may also donate in honor of or in memory of a friend, relative, co-worker or loved one.
Donate by Mail - Please mail checks or money orders to:
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
3333 Third Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95817
Donate through United Way - If your company supports local charities through United Way, please consider making your contribution to SFBFS, a certified partner agency of United Way since 1994. (United Way ID# 3094)
Organize a fundraiser - Host a fun event or start a virtual food drive! Contact Courtney at (916) 456-1980 to get started.
Request a Matching Gift - By taking advantage of your company's matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of your contribution. Each company has its own guidelines, but most corporate procedures are simple. Questions? Contact Melissa at (916) 456-1980.
- Request a Matching Form from your company (check with Human Resources)
- Complete and submit the form to SFBFS along with your gift - SFBFS 3333 Third Ave, Sac, CA 95817
- SFBFS will verify the completed form and return it to the company
- The company issues a matching gift contribution to SFBFS
Shop on Amazon - AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support SFBFS every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to SFBFS. Click here to begin.
Leave a Legacy - Consider making a planned gift through your will, trust or estate plan to the Legacy Society at SFBFS. Please see Frequently Asked Questions for additional information and review the Legacy Society membership form. Questions? Contact Melissa at (916) 456-1980.
Drop off in-kind donations - Click here for a list of greatly needed items along with donation drop off hours and locations. As of July 31, 2015, SFBFS no longer accepts donations of e-waste.
- Bring your donation of gently-used clothing, household goods, school materials and baby supplies to the Family Services campus in Oak Park (3333 3rd. Ave., 95817) during the hours of: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Non-perishable food items and fresh produce can also be donated to the Food Bank Services Campus in North Sacramento (1951 Bell Ave., 95838) during the hours of: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Host a donation drive - Request a donation barrel to be delivered and picked up so that you can collect items for families in need.
Schedule a Tour - SFBFS offers half-hour walking tours of our Family Services campus in Oak Park and our Food Bank Services campus in North Sacramento. Contact Courtney to schedule a tour.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services' Federal Tax ID# is 94-3315566.
Privacy statement: Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services does not sell, trade or share our donors' information.