The Adult Education program provides unique learning opportunities for adults in a supportive, highly personalized and non-judgmental environment.
Education is provided in the classroom setting as well as through one-on-one tutoring. All services are open to adults over the age of 18. Educational services include GED preparation, Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, assistance with job searches, resume building workshops, computer basic classes and specialized computer courses, such as Welcome to the World of Computers and Microsoft Word. SFBFS also offers workshop facilitated by Employment Development Department and Asher College. To learn more, check out our Adult Education Infographic.
- If you are interested in attending a class or receiving a service, please e-mail the Program Manager at the appropriate location.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Adult Education program, click here. Minimum age to volunteer in this program is 18.
ELIGIBILITY Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible to receive services; income verification is not required. Please attend the appropriate orientation and complete a registration form and learn about the schedule and requirements.
- GED and Adult Basic Education (ABE) tutoring assessments and orientations will be held Thursdays at 1:00pm. Please e-mail the
for more information and to sign-up for an orientation. GED and ABE tutoring sessions are available Monday through Thursday in three sessions, 9:00-10:50am, 11:00-12:50pm, 1:00-2:50pm; and on Friday in two sessions, 9:00-10:50am and 11:00-12:50pm.
- For English as a Second Language classes, orientation is required.
for more information and to sign up for an orientation.
- Orientations for technology classes are mandatory, please call for upcoming dates. Classes include: Welcome to the World of Computers Foundation, Intro to Internet, Beyond Basics, Microsoft Office 2007 and Foundation & Intermediate(Word/Excel only). SFBFS also offers classes Computer Basics (Spanish) and Computer Basics for English Language Learners. Please e-mail the
for more information.
- No orientations are required for open computer lab use. Open lab is available Monday through Thursday from 9:30-11:30am and 12:30-2:30pm and Friday 9:30am-11:30am in the New Education & Technology Center. Please fill out a registration form and sign the client agreement on your first visit.
- No orientations are required for language lab use. The language lab is available Monday 12-3pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 12-3pm and 6-8pm and Friday from 9am-12pm for students wishing to improve their English comprehension.
- For English as a Second Language classes, orientations are held at the beginning of the semester. Please e-mail the
for more information and to sign up for an orientation. ESL classes are held Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30-11:30am.